Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for Damaging Winds
for parts of Central, East Gippsland, South West, North Central, North East, West and South Gippsland and Wimmera Forecast Districts.
Issued at 10:49 pm Wednesday, 17 August 2022.
Damaging winds extending eastward on Thursday.
North to northwesterly winds strengthening ahead of a cold front forecast to cross Victoria during Thursday.
DAMAGING WINDS for the following areas:
Central, East Gippsland, South West, North Central, North East, West and South Gippsland and Wimmera
DAMAGING WINDS averaging 65 km/h with peak gusts of around 90 km/h are likely over the Grampians, Otways and the Surf Coast, the central ranges and northern suburbs of Melbourne, extending to the eastern ranges during Thursday morning.
DAMAGING WIND GUSTS to around 110 km/h are possible over higher elevations above 1500m in the eastern ranges.
Winds are expected to ease below warning thresholds over western areas during Thursday morning, central districts and the Otways during Thursday afternoon. The warning area should have contracted eastward out of Victoria by late Thursday evening or early Friday morning.
Locations which may be affected include Apollo Bay, Mt Baw Baw, Falls Creek, Mt Hotham and Mt Buller.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* If driving conditions are dangerous, safely pull over away from trees, drains, low-lying areas and floodwater. Avoid travel if possible.
* Stay safe by avoiding dangerous hazards, such as floodwater, mud, debris, damaged roads and fallen trees.
* Be aware - heat, fire or recent storms may make trees unstable and more likely to fall when it's windy or wet.
* Check that loose items, such as outdoor settings, umbrellas and trampolines are safely secured. Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Stay indoors and away from windows.
* If outdoors, move to a safe place indoors. Stay away from trees, drains, gutters, creeks and waterways.
* Stay away from fallen powerlines - always assume they are live.
* Be aware that in fire affected areas, rainfall run-off into waterways may contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks. Heavy rainfall may also increase the potential for landslides and debris across roads.
* Stay informed: Monitor weather warnings, forecasts and river levels at the Bureau of Meteorology website, and warnings through VicEmergency website/app/hotline.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 5:00 am AEST Thursday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Yarrock (36.2833°S, 141.1972°E, 100m AMSL) Yarrock,VIC set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Yarrock 7 day forecast
Today: Cloudy. Very high chance of showers, most likely from the late morning. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h turning W 15 to 20 km/h in the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 10 with daytime temperatures reaching around 15.
Forecast for Yarrock (36.2833°S, 141.1972°E, 100m AMSL) Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Summary Minimum 10° 4° 7° 2° 5° 2° 4° Maximum 16° 14° 14° 14° 16° 12° 13° Chance of rain 80% 90% 20% 10% 70% 40% 60% Likely amount 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate - - - Frost risk Nil Slight Nil Moderate Slight Moderate Slight 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 19
Wind direction NNW WNW WNW WNW SW SW N NW N W SW SW W W Relative humidity 79% 79% 86% 66% 91% 59% 88% 61% 84% 75% 84% 58% 90% 72% Dew point 8°C 11°C 6°C 7°C 8°C 5°C 5°C 6°C 8°C 9°C 3°C 3°C 7°C 7°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Yarrock (36.2833°S, 141.1972°E, 100m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon 6:47am EST 7:13am EST 6:02pm EST 6:28pm EST 10:41am EST Waning gibbous Last quarter Aug 19 New moon Aug 27 First quarter Sep 04 Full moon Sep 10
Temperature for next 7 days
0 Thursday Thursday 16 1 Friday Friday 14 2 Saturday Saturday 14 3 Sunday Sunday 14 4 Monday Monday 16 5 Tuesday Tuesday 12 6 Wednesday Wednesday 13 7 Wednesday Wednesday 13
Rain for next 7 days
0 Thursday Thursday 5 1 Friday Friday 5 2 Saturday Saturday 0 3 Sunday Sunday 0 4 Monday Monday 5 5 Tuesday Tuesday 0 6 Wednesday Wednesday 0 7 Wednesday Wednesday 0