Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for Heavy Rainfall
for Central West, Central Wheat Belt and parts of Gascoyne and Goldfields districts.
Issued at 3:53 pm Sunday, 14 August 2022.
Heavy rainfall to develop about the coast late Monday, extending eastwards throughout the warning area on Tuesday.
a front and associated rain band will approach the state from the west late Monday, progressing eastwards on Tuesday. Moisture from a northerly airstream ahead of the front will allow the development of thunderstorms within the main rain band, which may produce heavy rainfall.
HEAVY RAINFALL for the following areas:
Gascoyne, Goldfields, Central West and Central Wheat Belt
HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING may develop within the warning area late Monday and throughout Tuesday. Isolated 6 hour rainfall totals up to 60mm are possible, with 24 hour totals up to 80mm possible.
Heavy rainfall is likely to develop about coastal areas within the warning area late Monday, spreading throughout the warning area during Tuesday.
Locations which may be affected include Denham, Geraldton, Kalbarri, Merredin, Moora and Mount Magnet.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 11:00 pm AWST Sunday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Goodlands (30.1083°S, 117.2089°E, 309m AMSL) Goodlands,WA set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Goodlands 7 day forecast
Today: Sunny morning. High chance of showers, most likely in the evening. Light winds becoming NE 15 to 20 km/h early in the morning then tending N 20 to 30 km/h in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 4 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s.
Forecast for Goodlands (30.1083°S, 117.2089°E, 309m AMSL) Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Summary Minimum 7° 14° 9° 3° 5° 6° 5° Maximum 22° 18° 15° 15° 16° 19° 19° Chance of rain 90% 90% 80% 5% 10% 5% 5% Likely amount 10-20mm 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index Moderate High Moderate Moderate - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Moderate Slight Nil Slight 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 16
Wind direction NNE N WNW WNW NNW W SW SW ESE SSE E E ESE SW Relative humidity 75% 63% 97% 95% 88% 75% 88% 66% 87% 67% 86% 62% 81% 56% Dew point 9°C 15°C 16°C 15°C 11°C 10°C 8°C 7°C 8°C 9°C 8°C 10°C 9°C 11°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Goodlands (30.1083°S, 117.2089°E, 309m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon 6:23am WST 6:48am WST 5:48pm WST 6:13pm WST 9:20pm WST 8:59am WST Waning gibbous Last quarter Aug 19 New moon Aug 27 First quarter Sep 04 Full moon Sep 10
Temperature for next 7 days
0 Monday Monday 22 1 Tuesday Tuesday 18 2 Wednesday Wednesday 15 3 Thursday Thursday 15 4 Friday Friday 16 5 Saturday Saturday 19 6 Sunday Sunday 19 7 Sunday Sunday 19
Rain for next 7 days
0 Monday Monday 20 1 Tuesday Tuesday 10 2 Wednesday Wednesday 5 3 Thursday Thursday 0 4 Friday Friday 0 5 Saturday Saturday 0 6 Sunday Sunday 0 7 Sunday Sunday 0