Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for Heavy Rainfall
for Central West and parts of Lower West, Great Southern, Central Wheat Belt and Gascoyne districts.
Issued at 3:42 am Tuesday, 16 August 2022.
Heavy rainfall easing during Tuesday morning
A front and associated rain band is moving across the west of the state and will progress eastwards during Tuesday. Moisture from a northerly airstream ahead of the front is allowing the development of thunderstorms and heavier showers within the main rain band, which is producing heavy rainfall.
HEAVY RAINFALL for the following areas:
Gascoyne, Central West, Lower West, Great Southern and Central Wheat Belt
HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING has developed within the warning area. One-hourly rainfall totals of 25mm are possible, with six-hourly rainfall totals of up to 60mm.
INTENSE RAINFALL is no longer expected.
Rainfall is expected to ease below severe thresholds during Tuesday morning.
Locations which may be affected include Geraldton, Merredin, Moora, Northam, Northampton and Wongan Hills.
Significant observations include:
49.6mm at Badgingarra in the 2 hours till 12:30am.
34.6mm at Moora in the 2 hours till 12:15am.
48.2mm at Wicka in the 6 hours till 12:00am
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 11:00 am AWST Tuesday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Miling (30.4896°S, 116.3634°E, 261m AMSL) Miling,WA set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Miling 7 day forecast
Today: Cloudy. Very high chance of rain with possible heavy falls, becoming less likely late this afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm during the morning and afternoon, possibly severe. Winds W/NW 20 to 30 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures around 20.
Forecast for Miling (30.4896°S, 116.3634°E, 261m AMSL) Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Summary Minimum 15° 10° 4° 5° 5° 6° 7° Maximum 15° 13° 14° 15° 18° 19° 14° Chance of rain 90% 70% 30% 5% 5% 5% 5% Likely amount 5-10mm 5-10mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index - - - - - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Slight Slight Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 21
Wind direction NW WNW WNW WNW SE SSW ENE SSE E NE SE SSW SE SE Relative humidity 95% 89% 89% 82% 86% 61% 83% 66% 85% 60% 76% 60% 81% 60% Dew point 14°C 12°C 10°C 9°C 6°C 7°C 7°C 9°C 8°C 11°C 7°C 11°C 6°C 6°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Miling (30.4896°S, 116.3634°E, 261m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon 6:23am WST 6:48am WST 5:50pm WST 6:14pm WST 10:23pm WST 9:31am WST Waning gibbous Last quarter Aug 19 New moon Aug 27 First quarter Sep 04 Full moon Sep 10
Temperature for next 7 days
0 Tuesday Tuesday 15 1 Wednesday Wednesday 13 2 Thursday Thursday 14 3 Friday Friday 15 4 Saturday Saturday 18 5 Sunday Sunday 19 6 Monday Monday 14 7 Monday Monday 14
Rain for next 7 days
0 Tuesday Tuesday 10 1 Wednesday Wednesday 10 2 Thursday Thursday 0 3 Friday Friday 0 4 Saturday Saturday 0 5 Sunday Sunday 0 6 Monday Monday 0 7 Monday Monday 0