Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Initial Minor Flood Warning For The Paterson River
Issued at 12:02 AM EST on Monday 04 July 2022
Flood Watch Number: 1
MINOR FLOODING POSSIBLE AT GOSTWYCK MONDAY MORNING
Moderate to heavy rainfall over the past 24 hours has caused river level rises along the Paterson River and its upper tributaries.
Minor flooding is possible at Gostwyck from Monday morning.
Further rainfall is forecast into Monday and Tuesday, which may cause further river level rises. This situation is being closely monitored, and revised predictions will be provided as necessary.
A Severe Weather Warning for heavy rainfall is current for the Metropolitan, Illawarra, and parts of the Hunter and Central Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Minor flooding is possible along the Paterson River at Gostwyck.
The Paterson River at Gostwyck Bridge may reach the minor flood level (9.10 metres) around 04:00 am Monday morning. Further rises are possible.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/midnorth.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 05:30 am EST on Monday 04 July 2022.
Latest River Heights:
Williams River at Dungog,1.73,Rising,11:15 PM SUN 03/07/22
Williams River at Mill Dam Falls,2.33,Rising,11:00 PM SUN 03/07/22
Allyn River at Halton,0.80,Steady,11:00 PM SUN 03/07/22
Paterson River at Gostwyck Bridge,7.10,Rising,11:30 PM SUN 03/07/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.
Coffs Harbour (30.2855°S, 153.1313°E, 15m AMSL) Coffs Harbour,NSW set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Coffs Harbour 7 day forecast
Today: Partly cloudy. Slight chance of a shower in the S, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 8 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 19.
Forecast for Coffs Harbour (30.2855°S, 153.1313°E, 15m AMSL) Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Summary Minimum 7° 10° 12° 11° 9° 7° 7° Maximum 19° 19° 19° 20° 20° 18° 17° Chance of rain 30% 90% 90% 30% 10% 70% 70% Likely amount 1-5mm 20-40mm 10-20mm < 1mm < 1mm 5-10mm 5-10mm UV index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 7
Wind direction WSW SSW SW SSW SSW SSW WSW SW SW SSW SW S SW SSW Relative humidity 66% 62% 82% 86% 93% 89% 80% 72% 69% 62% 69% 67% 73% 73% Dew point 7°C 11°C 10°C 14°C 15°C 17°C 11°C 14°C 8°C 12°C 6°C 12°C 8°C 12°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Coffs Harbour (30.2855°S, 153.1313°E, 15m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon 6:18am EST 6:45am EST 4:59pm EST 5:25pm EST 10:12am EST 9:30pm EST Waxing crescent First quarter Jul 07 Full moon Jul 14 Last quarter Jul 21 New moon Jul 29
- Initial Minor Flood Warning For The Paterson River
- Initial Moderate Flood Warning For Wollombi Brook
- Severe Weather Warning (Heavy Rainfall And Damaging Winds) for Metropolitan, Illawarra and parts of Hunter and Central Tablelands
- Sheep Graziers Warning Hunter, N Tablelands, Illawarra, C Tablelands, S Tablelands, NW Slopes & Plains, CW Slopes/Plains, SW Slopes
- Flood Watch For The Lower Hunter And Central Coast
Temperature for next 7 days
0 Monday Monday 19 1 Tuesday Tuesday 19 2 Wednesday Wednesday 19 3 Thursday Thursday 20 4 Friday Friday 20 5 Saturday Saturday 18 6 Sunday Sunday 17 7 Sunday Sunday 17
Rain for next 7 days
0 Monday Monday 5 1 Tuesday Tuesday 40 2 Wednesday Wednesday 20 3 Thursday Thursday 0 4 Friday Friday 0 5 Saturday Saturday 10 6 Sunday Sunday 10 7 Sunday Sunday 10