Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for Heavy Rainfall And Damaging Winds
for Upper Derwent Valley, South East, East Coast and parts of Western, North East, Midlands and Central North Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:53 pm Saturday, 13 August 2022.
Heavy rainfall and damaging wind gusts to impact eastern Tasmania from early Sunday.
A low pressure system is forming over northeast Bass Strait, and will deepen further and move towards the southwest. The low is expected to be slow-moving over northeastern Tasmania on Sunday and will direct widespread rainfall and strong southeasterly wind with damaging gusts over eastern and southern Tasmania during the day. The low will remain over or near eastern Tasmania while weakening on Monday before moving away to the east during Tuesday.
HEAVY RAINFALL and DAMAGING WINDS for the following areas:
Western, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, North East, East Coast, Central North and Midlands
Moderate to HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING will develop about northeastern Tasmania from early Sunday morning and is likely to spread southwards throughout Sunday, with the risk becoming more localised late Sunday into Monday. Rainfall totals of 50 to 70 mm are likely in the 24 hours up to midnight Sunday, with isolated falls up to 150 mm possible about elevated terrain. 6 hour rainfall accumulations may reach 80 mm about elevated terrain and eastern slopes.
Strong southeasterly winds averaging 40 to 50km/h with DAMAGING WIND GUSTS of around 80 km/h are possible about eastern parts of the warning area from early Sunday morning, particularly about exposed coastal areas and high terrain. Winds are expected to contract to the southeast from Sunday afternoon and then ease during Sunday evening.
Several Flood Warnings and a Flood Watch are current over eastern Tasmania, see http://www.bom.gov.au/tas/warnings/.
Locations which may be affected include St Helens, Swansea, Bicheno, Orford, New Norfolk, Hobart, Geeveston, Dover and Dodges Ferry.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Clear drains and gutters on premises prior to severe weather arriving.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 11:00 pm AEST Saturday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Lollara (42.9909°S, 147.083°E, 111m AMSL) Lollara,TAS set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Lollara 7 day forecast
Today: Cloudy. High chance of showers. Winds E/SE 15 to 25 km/h.
Forecast for Lollara (42.9909°S, 147.083°E, 111m AMSL) Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Summary Minimum 6° 9° 9° 8° 7° 9° 6° Maximum 14° 14° 14° 14° 15° 16° 13° Chance of rain 90% 90% 90% 50% 40% 60% 60% Likely amount 20-40mm 20-40mm 10-20mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm UV index Low Low Low Low Low - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 3
Wind direction WSW S S SE SE S WSW WSW NNW N NNW NW NW W Relative humidity 95% 84% 96% 94% 95% 90% 91% 83% 86% 72% 86% 73% 80% 77% Dew point 10°C 12°C 12°C 13°C 11°C 11°C 10°C 10°C 8°C 10°C 9°C 11°C 8°C 8°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Lollara (42.9909°S, 147.083°E, 111m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon 6:40am EST 7:09am EST 5:25pm EST 5:54pm EST 6:45pm EST 8:07am EST Waning gibbous Last quarter Aug 19 New moon Aug 27 First quarter Sep 04 Full moon Sep 10
- Severe Weather Warning (Heavy Rain & Damaging Winds) U Derwent, South East, East Coast & Western, North East, Midlands & Central North
- Strong Wind Warning for East of Flinders Island & Upper East, Lower East, South East and South West coasts
- Road Weather Alert for reduced visibility in heavy rain for North East, Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley, South East & East Coast
- Sheep Graziers Warning for Sunday for Furneaux Islands, Midlands, South East & East Coast
Temperature for next 7 days
0 Saturday Saturday 14 1 Sunday Sunday 14 2 Monday Monday 14 3 Tuesday Tuesday 14 4 Wednesday Wednesday 15 5 Thursday Thursday 16 6 Friday Friday 13 7 Friday Friday 13
Rain for next 7 days
0 Saturday Saturday 40 1 Sunday Sunday 40 2 Monday Monday 20 3 Tuesday Tuesday 5 4 Wednesday Wednesday 0 5 Thursday Thursday 5 6 Friday Friday 5 7 Friday Friday 5