Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for Heavy Rainfall
for parts of Central West, Gascoyne and Central Wheat Belt districts.
Issued at 3:16 pm Monday, 15 August 2022.
Heavy rainfall to develop late tonight, clearing early Tuesday.
A front and associated rain band will approach the state from the west late tonight, progressing eastwards on Tuesday. Moisture from a northerly airstream ahead of the front will allow the development of thunderstorms within the main rain band, which may produce heavy rainfall.
HEAVY RAINFALL for the following areas:
Gascoyne, Central West and Central Wheat Belt
HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING may develop within the warning area late tonight into Tuesday. Isolated six-hourly rainfall totals up to 60 mm are possible.
Rainfall is expected to ease below severe thresholds before dawn on Tuesday.
Locations which may be affected include Geraldton, Kalbarri, Eneabba, Morawa, Mullewa and Northampton.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 11:00 pm AWST Monday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Doodenanning (31.835°S, 117.1718°E, 257m AMSL) Doodenanning,WA set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Doodenanning 7 day forecast
Today: Cloudy. Very high (near 100%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm, possibly severe. Possible heavy falls. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 35 km/h before turning W/NW 20 to 30 km/h during the morning and early afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 14 with daytime temperatures reaching around 19.
Forecast for Doodenanning (31.835°S, 117.1718°E, 257m AMSL) Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Summary Minimum 15° 9° 3° 5° 5° 6° 8° Maximum 15° 12° 14° 15° 17° 17° 14° Chance of rain 90% 70% 5% 5% 50% 10% 5% Likely amount 5-10mm 5-10mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index - - - - - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Moderate Nil Slight Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 20
Wind direction NW WNW NW W SW SW SSE SSW E NE ESE SSW SE SE Relative humidity 95% 87% 91% 81% 87% 63% 88% 67% 87% 64% 85% 64% 80% 59% Dew point 14°C 12°C 9°C 9°C 5°C 7°C 7°C 9°C 7°C 10°C 8°C 10°C 6°C 6°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Doodenanning (31.835°S, 117.1718°E, 257m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon 6:21am WST 6:46am WST 5:46pm WST 6:11pm WST 10:21pm WST 9:28am WST Waning gibbous Last quarter Aug 19 New moon Aug 27 First quarter Sep 04 Full moon Sep 10
Temperature for next 7 days
0 Tuesday Tuesday 15 1 Wednesday Wednesday 12 2 Thursday Thursday 14 3 Friday Friday 15 4 Saturday Saturday 17 5 Sunday Sunday 17 6 Monday Monday 14 7 Monday Monday 14
Rain for next 7 days
0 Tuesday Tuesday 10 1 Wednesday Wednesday 10 2 Thursday Thursday 0 3 Friday Friday 0 4 Saturday Saturday 0 5 Sunday Sunday 0 6 Monday Monday 0 7 Monday Monday 0