Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for Heavy Rainfall
for parts of Central West, Gascoyne and Central Wheat Belt districts.
Issued at 9:24 am Monday, 15 August 2022.
Heavy rainfall to develop late tonight, clearing before dawn on Tuesday.
A front and associated rain band will approach the state from the west late today, progressing eastwards on Tuesday. Moisture from a northerly airstream ahead of the front will allow the development of thunderstorms within the main rain band, which may produce heavy rainfall.
HEAVY RAINFALL for the following areas:
Gascoyne, Central West and Central Wheat Belt
HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING may develop within the warning area late Monday into early Tuesday. Isolated six-hourly rainfall totals up to 60 mm are possible.
Rainfall is expected to ease below severe thresholds before dawn on Tuesday.
Locations which may be affected include Geraldton, Kalbarri, Eneabba, Morawa, Mullewa and Northampton.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in the Goldfields district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Cancellation for the following areas:
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 5:00 pm AWST Monday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Nunierra (28.1755°S, 115.6873°E, 249m AMSL) Nunierra,WA set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Nunierra 7 day forecast
Today: Partly cloudy. Very high chance of rain, most likely late this afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm during this evening, with possible heavy falls in the N. Light winds becoming N 20 to 30 km/h in the morning. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to high 20s.
Forecast for Nunierra (28.1755°S, 115.6873°E, 249m AMSL) Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Summary Minimum 9° 14° 9° 6° 6° 7° 8° Maximum 26° 20° 18° 17° 18° 21° 23° Chance of rain 90% 90% 80% 5% 5% 5% 5% Likely amount 20-40mm 10-20mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index High High High High Moderate - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 12
Wind direction NE NNE NW WNW NW W SE SSE ESE SE E E E N Relative humidity 71% 55% 95% 92% 83% 73% 77% 53% 77% 53% 75% 44% 60% 39% Dew point 10°C 17°C 17°C 16°C 12°C 12°C 7°C 7°C 7°C 9°C 7°C 8°C 5°C 8°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Nunierra (28.1755°S, 115.6873°E, 249m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon 6:26am WST 6:50am WST 5:55pm WST 6:19pm WST 9:25pm WST 9:03am WST Waning gibbous Last quarter Aug 19 New moon Aug 27 First quarter Sep 04 Full moon Sep 10
Temperature for next 7 days
0 Monday Monday 26 1 Tuesday Tuesday 20 2 Wednesday Wednesday 18 3 Thursday Thursday 17 4 Friday Friday 18 5 Saturday Saturday 21 6 Sunday Sunday 23 7 Sunday Sunday 23
Rain for next 7 days
0 Monday Monday 40 1 Tuesday Tuesday 20 2 Wednesday Wednesday 5 3 Thursday Thursday 0 4 Friday Friday 0 5 Saturday Saturday 0 6 Sunday Sunday 0 7 Sunday Sunday 0