Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for Heavy Rainfall
for parts of Central West, Gascoyne and Central Wheat Belt districts.
Issued at 9:24 am Monday, 15 August 2022.
Heavy rainfall to develop late tonight, clearing before dawn on Tuesday.
A front and associated rain band will approach the state from the west late today, progressing eastwards on Tuesday. Moisture from a northerly airstream ahead of the front will allow the development of thunderstorms within the main rain band, which may produce heavy rainfall.
HEAVY RAINFALL for the following areas:
Gascoyne, Central West and Central Wheat Belt
HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING may develop within the warning area late Monday into early Tuesday. Isolated six-hourly rainfall totals up to 60 mm are possible.
Rainfall is expected to ease below severe thresholds before dawn on Tuesday.
Locations which may be affected include Geraldton, Kalbarri, Eneabba, Morawa, Mullewa and Northampton.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in the Goldfields district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Cancellation for the following areas:
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 5:00 pm AWST Monday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Latham (29.756°S, 116.4451°E, 291m AMSL) Latham,WA set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Latham 7 day forecast
Today: Partly cloudy. Very high chance of rain, most likely late this afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm during this evening, with possible heavy falls in the N. Light winds becoming N 20 to 30 km/h in the morning. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to high 20s.
Forecast for Latham (29.756°S, 116.4451°E, 291m AMSL) Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Summary Minimum 9° 16° 11° 5° 6° 7° 8° Maximum 23° 16° 14° 15° 16° 19° 21° Chance of rain 90% 80% 80% 10% 10% 10% 5% Likely amount 20-40mm 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index - - - - - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 13
Wind direction NE N WNW WNW NNW W SE S ESE SSE E ENE E WSW Relative humidity 74% 58% 95% 89% 87% 75% 84% 60% 81% 62% 82% 56% 71% 49% Dew point 9°C 15°C 15°C 13°C 11°C 9°C 6°C 7°C 7°C 9°C 8°C 10°C 7°C 10°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Latham (29.756°S, 116.4451°E, 291m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon 6:25am WST 6:49am WST 5:53pm WST 6:17pm WST 9:23pm WST 9:02am WST Waning gibbous Last quarter Aug 19 New moon Aug 27 First quarter Sep 04 Full moon Sep 10
Temperature for next 7 days
0 Monday Monday 23 1 Tuesday Tuesday 16 2 Wednesday Wednesday 14 3 Thursday Thursday 15 4 Friday Friday 16 5 Saturday Saturday 19 6 Sunday Sunday 21 7 Sunday Sunday 21
Rain for next 7 days
0 Monday Monday 40 1 Tuesday Tuesday 10 2 Wednesday Wednesday 5 3 Thursday Thursday 0 4 Friday Friday 0 5 Saturday Saturday 0 6 Sunday Sunday 0 7 Sunday Sunday 0